Thursday, October 30, 2014

My Holiday
 

It was 2nd semester holiday (grade 10), me and my brother went to Surabaya. So, we booked a plane ticket to Surabaya and we went there just by ourselves. When we reach Juanda airport, we were picked up by our uncle. The first place we visited when we in Surabaya was a hospital. We visited a hospital because my grandfather was hospitalized there. My grandfather got a bleeding in one of his organ in his body. So, most of the time in Surabaya we just visited our grandfather. 

The next day, we visited the famous Suramadu Bridge, also known as Surabaya - Madura Bridge. It's a bridge between Surabaya, East Java and Bangkalan, Madura. Suramadu Bridge is the first bridge to cross Madura Strait. I was told that in July 2004, one of the girder that supported Suramadu Bridge had collapsed, killing one worker and injuring nine others.
After that, we visited Sidoarjo, the famous site for Lapido mud flow. In Sidoarjo, we had seen what Lapindo mud had done to Sidoarjo. There's a lot of ruins that was once home of Sidoarjo's people. 
After that, we went back to my uncle's house. 

Well, I had already told you (readers) that in Surabaya, we spent most of the time in hospital, with our grandfather. So, there's nothing much happened. In the resident where my uncle's house located there's a swimming pool. So, when we had nothing to do in my uncle's house, we went to the swimming pool and we swim there 'till afternoon.

So, we stayed in Surabaya for 1 week, and then we went back to Bandung.

No comments:

Post a Comment